Wednesday, February 6, 2013

CASE the card

Hello all, welcome to another week at ABC Christmas challenge.  I'm so happy to see my Christmas card stash grow and it's only February - hee hee, I'm loving this gig!  This week's challenge was an interesting one - CASE a card previously made by one of the DT.  Oh so many pretty cards to choose from!

This is my card:

And this is Samantha's card that I cased from a March 2012 challenge:

I really liked the pastel colours and the tilted image, so I used a Fancy Pants paper pad with a softer colour scheme and kept fairly close to the original layout.  Fun!  It's hard to tell in the picture, but her wings are all sparkly too.

PS - I've been playing around with the blog design, I decided it was time for something new.  I'm trying to keep it clean and easy to read, what do you think?  Less cluttered?

Challenges:
Anything Goes - Christmas Stamping All Year long
Anything Goes - Sparkles Christmas Challenge
Use Your Oldest Bling - Shopping Our Stash (Oh my, I've had some of my bottle of Stickles for ages, I'm surprised they haven't dried up!)
The Letter P - Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge (lots of pink!)
Use Markers - Addicted to Stamps and More
Winged Things - Divas By Design


15 comments:

Caz said...

Gorgeous card Emma. Love the image, layout and fab papers.
Hugs
Caz x

Dot said...

Lovely card, Emma, you have coloured 'Christmas Angel' so fab. Beautiful. I like your new blog look.
hugs Dorte

ScrappySandie said...

Such a lovely card, Emma! Love the pastels with the burgundy...so rich looking. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Sandie

Kylie said...

Great image and wonderful use of your markers! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the image & the layout is fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas this month, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Jenny said...

Eine bezaubernde Karte ist das. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei CSAYL. Liebe GrüßeJenny

fabiola jaques said...

Hi, thanks to play with us at CSAYL this week with your cute and so nice création, hope to see you next time, biz

Kelly Neis said...

She is so cute! I love how you colored her and getting ahead on Xmas Cards is a great idea. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs Kelly

Patty Chalas said...

Great card thanks for playing along with us at CSAYL!!
Blessings
Patty

Sandra H said...

This is such a beautfiul card and the the layout is gorgeous great backing papers to match a beautiful image presented so wonderfully thank you for joining our challenge at Sparkles Christmas challenge 2nn Anniversary "Anything Goes" good luck and hope to see you again next time

Cazro said...

A super card, wonderful colouring work. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More. Caz

Hazel said...

Lovely card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 110 - you could also enter this into my new CHNC challenge extra for February - I'd love to see it there too. X

Valerie said...

Such a cute image, love the baubles hanging from her wings! Thanks for playing along at ATSM
Val x

Samantha said...

Awwwwww Fanks for CASING my card! LOVE your card and the image you chose too! and your pretty perfect bow too! hugs me xx

Tessa en Anke said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Good luck
hugs Anke