Sunday, February 17, 2013

Chalkboard fun

Hi everyone, hope you're having a great weekend!  Hubby has taken the kids to Grandma's for the weekend so I'm making the most of the quiet with some crafty time.  I did manage to take the dog out for a walk, but there were so many snowmobiles on the trails we had to cut it short.  That's OK, more crafty time for me!

I really struggled with the new TCP challenge - to do something new with my stamps. To be honest, I'm a think inside the box kind of person and finding 'new' ways to use my stuff just makes me sweat.  So I thought I'd try a new technique instead.  I tried some water colouring first, but it was too messy - the inside the box me really likes to stay inside the lines too!  Then I thought I'd play around with the chalkboard effect that's so hot right now.  And it turned out great after some practice rounds, good thing I've got lots of time to play!


See? Better and crisper image now.

Challenges:
Use your stuff new ways  - The Cat's Pajamas
Fur and Feathers - Stamping Sensations
Your Favourite Things - Basic Grey Challenges (so many faves - Bunny stamps, 6x6 paper pads - this one is Basic Grey Wander)
Embossing - Hiding in my Craftroom (everything in white is wet embossed)
BINGO - Crafty Catz (embossing, glitter, kraft, although it's very hard to see the glitter in this pic, it's there!)
Anything Goes - Raise the Bar




9 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is adorable, Emma! You did a terrific job with the chalkboard effect on this card! Wonderfully done! :D

Janette said...

Fab card, very cute, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

pinky said...

Its brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

brenda said...

Sweet card Emma, thanks so much sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Lou said...

Hi!Oh i really love this,such a great design too and thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge."Good Luck" hugs Lou.xx

Amber said...

Great card! Thank you for playing along at Hiding in My Craft Room!

Olga said...

Super fun card!

Francesca said...

I love the colours
Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations
Francesca xx

alma said...

Just great, Emma! Love to see you step outside the box. What an awesome card!