Sunday, March 10, 2013

Up, up and away

There's a new challenge over at one of my fave blogs - Dancing in Pajamas - and it's neutrals.  Black, white or kraft plus one other colour plus only one patterned paper and 2 layers.  Hmm, that took some thinking.  I played around a bit and his is what I came up with.


Technically, the 'other' colour I choose was blue, but the paper had bits of green in it as well, although I managed to cut most of it out.  I'm not sure the little bear has the happiest expression on his face as he flies over town - perhaps he's afraid his balloons will pop?

EDITED TO ADD - the paper is Basic Grey 'Wander'

Challenges:
Neutrals - Dancing in Pajamas
Happy Birthday - CAS on Sunday 
Earth, Air, Fire and/or water - Crafting When We Can (I went with air)
Birthdays - Eclectic Ellapu
Fur or Feathers - The Hybrid Chick

8 comments:

Poppet said...

A great card Emma, love how you have used your paper for the cityscape.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Ellapu said...

What a sweet creation - TFS with us Eclectics this week
Elaine aka Ellapu

downrightcrafty said...

love the use of the kraft paper and love the little scene
Hugs Kate xx

Kristi said...

Hi Emma. Just linked to your blog from my blog. Love the flying bear. I left an art lesson for my supply teacher next week where the kids have to created a city skyline and do the buildings in bold, unusual colours. Now I wish I had left scrapbooking paper with different patterns for them to use. I will have to remember this for next time.

NanaConnie said...

Love this to bits, Emma! What a darling birthday card. Great work with the recipe, too. So glad you decided to enter our "Birthday" challenge at Eclectic Ellapu this week.
NanaConnie DT

Susan Kennedy said...

Great card!! Love the layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can!! Good luck! :) I look forward to seeing you for our next challenge!

- Susan, DT @ Crafting When We Can

alma said...

What great card for such a tough challenge! I love all the different papers! LOVE

sandygale said...

Love your Card!!! what paper did you use?